All Exede Internet plans come with our fastest speeds available in your area. The main difference between the plans is how data usage is managed. Exede Classic and Essential plans have set monthly amounts of data you can use every month, and that’s your data allowance. Other plans manage data a little differently. Find your plan in the FAQs below to learn more. You can find the official policy document covering data allowances (Data Allowance Policy or Bandwidth Usage Policy) on the legal documents page.
It depends on which plan you’re on.
Starting on the first day of your monthly billing period, all uploaded and downloaded data you use is measured and counts toward your data allowance, unless you have a plan with a Free Zone. Plans with a Free Zone allow you to use your service with unmetered data from midnight to 5 a.m. (Exede Classic plans) or from 3 a.m to 8 a.m. (Exede Evolution and Essential plans). If you have an Evolution plan, webpage and email access does not count against your data limit.
Under most of our plans, you will receive a courtesy notification email when your usage reaches a certain amount (about 70% for most plans ) of your data allowance in a monthly measurement period. We will send a second email alerting you when you’ve reached 100% of your data allowance. You can also always check your data usage on the My.Exede.Net customer portal. Liberty Plan customers get only one notice, when they’ve reached 100% of the data allowance.
Not on Freedom. If you have the Freedom Plan, you have a data threshold of 150 GB you can use during all hours of the day and night. That means you don’t need to wait until the wee hours to download movies, music and other big files. With Liberty, the Liberty Pass allows you to use data at download speeds of 1-5 Mbps even if you’ve gone over your Priority Data allowance. See the Legal Documents page for more details about the Bandwidth Usage Policy associated with the Freedom Plan or the Data Allowance Policy associated with the Liberty Plan. The Liberty 12/25/50 plans have a Free Zone from 3 to 6 a.m.
We encourage you to monitor your usage. Customers who receive their Exede Internet bill directly from us and not through DISH or another provider may review their current data usage online:
1. Go to the customer portal, MyExede
2. Log in with your username and password. If you’re new to MyExede, read this for tips on getting registered.
3. You’ll see your usage prominently displayed on the dashboard once you’re logged in.
4. For additional information on monitoring your usage, please read our Help Center article about data usage.
The best way to find this out is log on to My.Exede.Net and look at the Current Data Usage box. It’ll show you how much data you have per month, as well as how much you have left.
Depending on your location, you may be able to upgrade to a different service plan with a more flexible or larger monthly data allowance. Contact Customer Care for more information.
If you occasionally need more data in a single month, our Buy More feature gives you the flexibility to purchase more data in 1 GB increments. Just log in to the my.exede.net portal for prices.
Yes, your speeds and access will return to normal during the Free Zone, even if you have no data allowance remaining during your billing cycle. (Note: Not all plans have the Free Zone.)
Some activities use more data than others. Here are several examples.
1. Full-length movie downloads
2. Access by others if you have an unsecured wireless router
3. Heavy use of peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs
4. Continuous downloading or viewing streaming media content such as online video and radio
5. Extended use of web cameras
6. Extensive downloading of large applications or files
7. Extensive uploading of home movies, photos, and/or large email attachments
8. Extensive use of online backup services such as Carbonite, Mozy, SOS, iCloud and HP Upline
9. Some kinds of gaming
10. A virus or other malware that’s taken over your computer.
For discussion about these situations, please visit our online community.
Our Help Center has lots of information on this. Here are a few of the articles that may be useful:
Also, the Exede Community Forum has a lot of discussions about this topic, with new information being added all the time.